We are the first investment platform where you can get a say in what the fund invests in! While final investment decisions will be made through an executive board, our goal is to have a platform for college students to learn about finance and personal investing through a self-managed index fund. If you plan on being a casual investor that is fine! We will have a lot of investment materials to help you learn through this active experience. If you are more serious about investing, we will gauge your contributions to the community and promote people to the voting board. The current criteria is making one quality contribution per week for a month. We want this voting board to be accessible to as many people as possible. This can be accomplished by anyone! We truly believe everyone CAN and SHOULD take control of their own finances. The long term goal is for the creation of your personal portfolios in the future.
1. $100 minimum investment
2. Withdraw anytime (After 3 months)
3. Have a share in the profits
Our Investment Guidelines:
1. This is a (relatively) high-risk fund, and so will be 100% stocks.
2. There are 11 sectors in the stock market: Financials, Utilities, Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Energy, Healthcare, Industrials, Technology. Telecom, Materials, Real Estate
3. We will be diversified (have stocks in at least 8 of the 11 sectors) No single sector can be more than 20% of the overall portfolio No single stock can be more than 5% of the overall portfolio
4. Rebalancing will be done daily if a stock or sector exceeds its limits
5. Since we are investing in specific stocks, no tax loss harvesting can be done
Signing your full name at the end of the form will signify that you agree to the following statements:
1. The Executive Board Albert Mao, Jiaheng Zhang, and Roshan Taroll will review all investment decisions.
2. Only stocks will be traded/shorted.
3. $100 minimum initial investment
4. Withdraw after 3 months (no fee to withdraw)
5. Proportional share of profits/losses (taxes will be added)
6. Voting power is acquired based on significant contributions (one quality suggestion/comment per week) for a month to the community (Facebook Group/ Furture platform)
7. Voters will be responsible for voting on suggestions to filter the bad ideas and the good ideas. The top voted ideas will be reviewed by the Executive Board and invested in.
8. To start, we will be using Robinhood (no commission fee) to place trades. As we grow, we will possibly change brokers.
9. You will be contacted by a member of the executive board once you fill out the form.
10. Money will be transferred securely through Venmo (no fees) to Albert (we will set up a new way of transferring in the future)
11. Investment updates will be given on the social media platform